Motivational, Personal & Professional Development Seminar
Saturday-Sunday, June 24 to 26, 2016
7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
The Westin Maui Resort & Spa
Writer’s Workshop: A Weekend for Writers with Doreen Virtue, Reid Tracy and Nancy Levin
Are you a writer with a great book idea with a strong desire to be published? Do you just need the insider scoop on how to perfect and publish your book? This is the workshop for you!
Enter our contest for YOUR chance to publish a book with Hay House and become a New York Times best-selling author!
One participant is guaranteed a $10,000 advance and a publishing contract with Hay House!
First runner-up wins a Balboa Press Master Package (a $7999.00 publishing value!)
Second runner-up wins a Balboa Press Inspire Package (a $3599.00 publishing value!)
The Writer’s Workshop will give you the combined wisdom of more than 50 years of writing and publishing experience in four information-packed sessions, including workshops with Doreen Virtue, who is a lifelong clairvoyant who works with the angelic realm. Doreen is the author of Healing with the Angels, How to Hear Your Angels, Messages from Your Angels, Archangels & Ascended Masters, Solomon’s Angels, and the Archangel Oracle Cards, among other works.
Also presenting are Hay House President/CEO Reid Tracy, who transformed Hay House from a publisher of three books in 1988 to one of the largest independent publishing companies in the world and the leading publisher in the self-help industry; and Nancy Levin, former Hay House Event Director, author and certified integrative coach, will offer her insight and experience as she leads writing exercises to jump-start inquiry and exploration.
- How to organize your thoughts into a book
- How to rewrite and refine your work
- How to manifest the determination to publish your book
- How to get a publisher’s attention
- How to find an agent
- How to write a book proposal
- How to handle rejections from publishers
- How to contact the press about your book
- How to choose between self-publishing and traditional publishing
- How to build your platform
- How to make a business out of being a writer/author
Submissions and Guidelines:
All workshop prospective attendees who dream about having their book published by Hay House are encouraged to read our submission guidelines prior to registering for this event: www.hayhouse.com/guides
Submissions Due: December 24, 2016
Winner Announced: January 24, 2017
This could be YOUR chance to publish a book with Hay House and become a New York Times best-selling author! One participant is guaranteed a $10,000 advance and a publishing contract with Hay House!
Those participants interested in qualifying for the $10,000 advance and publishing contract are required to submit a book proposal.
- To be considered for the $10,000 advance and publishing contract, attendees should submit their book proposal via email to WritersWorkshop@HayHouse.com by December 24, 2016. (Note: email size limit is 10 Megs)
- Please include all relevant links, cover letters, proposal all in one document
- Please be sure to include your name and title of your proposal in the filename of the final document you send.
For example: A word document should be saved as “Sally Smith – Manifesting Peace Proposal”
Participants will learn how to put together a book proposal and will leave the workshop with a manual that details best practices and sample book proposals.